Bajaj Luminaires Division

Bajaj Luminaires, a division of Bajaj Electricals Limited, is one of the leading players in the business of providing solutions for commercial, industrial and outdoor lighting. The on time in full delivery performance of the suppliers in this market is about 20% to 30%. The result is locking of the capital of the dealers over a long period, and late delivery penalties. Hence , delivering On Time In Full and in shorter lead times is a Decisive Competitive Edge (DCE) for Luminaires. In a period of two years, Bajaj Luminaires now delivers on time in full, for about 85% of its orders with the remaining 15% orders being fulfilled in full within 7 days. (The average lead time of industry is around 5 weeks.) In FY 2013-14 the sales increase over last year was 10%, while that of the key players was negative and at best a growth of 3%.The inventory, in days, for the BU is reduced by 20%.

Bajaj Luminaires Division

Bajaj Luminaires, a division of Bajaj Electricals Limited, is one of the leading players in the business of providing solutions for commercial, industrial and outdoor lighting. The on time in full delivery performance of the suppliers in this market is about 20% to 30%. The result is locking of the capital of the dealers over a long period, and late delivery penalties. Hence , delivering On Time In Full and in shorter lead times is a Decisive Competitive Edge (DCE) for Luminaires. In a period of two years, Bajaj Luminaires now delivers on time in full, for about 85% of its orders with the remaining 15% orders being fulfilled in full within 7 days. (The average lead time of industry is around 5 weeks.) In FY 2013-14 the sales increase over last year was 10%, while that of the key players was negative and at best a growth of 3%.The inventory, in days, for the BU is reduced by 20%.